Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The one with God as an Awesome God

Passage: Exodus 15:11
Praise: Awesome God

Awesome is a word I love to use to describe God. Indeed, He is awesome in many ways. His great love, power and wisdom inspires me to say HE IS AWESOME!

The word awesome is used quite freely these days. It is used as an expression to describe situations that are deemed "cool" by the young folk. Remember the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles saying "Awesome, dude!" Still, when I reflect on the meaning of awesome--it should be something that takes ones breath away. Something so great, one cannot explain it.

When I think about God's love and his sacrifice on the cross, I cannot help but become speechless. No words can describe God's expression of love for me. Truly, he is not just awesome because of his works but for who He is. During free worship, I usually find myself singing "there is none like you, Lord" or expressing words that expresses his greatness beyond compare and I will continue to sing such praise for God is awesome in this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home