Friday, August 18, 2006

The one with the Superman Returns review






I watched Superman Returns the very first day of its release in Manila. Here are my pros and cons...

The Pros:

1. They stayed true to old school Superman including the music, the look and feel of the movie and even the credits.

2. Superman was Superman most of the time. Clark Kent only got about 5 scenes.

3. Parker Posey was great as Kitty Kowalski

4. Brandon Routh showed a softer side of Superman which appealed to me.

5. I liked the twist at the end. I don't want to mention it here, though. Spoiler.

The Cons

1. The motive of the villain was unclear.

2. Kevin Spacey was great as Lex but I still prefer Gene Hackman.

3. There were several logically unrealistic turn of events.

4. There was not enough Clark Kent. (Both a pro and a con).

5. In my mind, Teri Hatcher = Lois Lane. Now, I can't enjoy Kate Bosworth's portrayal. I keep seeing Teri Hatcher.

All in all, I'd say it's worth seeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home