Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The one with the Living Water

Passage: John 4:1-26
Worship: You'll Never Thirst

I heard Anointed's You'll Never Thirst yesterday for the first time and it invited me back to the story of Jesus and the Samaritan Woman in John 4:1-26. The meaning of life is one of history's age-old questions. The Samaritan woman who encountered Jesus has not found the answer to this question. Still, she responded positively by accepting Jesus' invitation. Jesus said these powerful words to her and who can resist Him?

"Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst--not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring within, gushing fountains of endless life." (v.13-14, MSG)


I believe everyone is seeking something and as my friend, Anthony, once shared: "Everyone has a hole in his heart that only Jesus can fill." Indeed, Jesus is our living water and in him, we will never thirst again.

I thank the Lord for He has changed me in so many ways. I know that His work in my life is far from complete but everyday is a new encounter with him. It is so good to dwell in his presence and obey his precepts. I pray that He will help me to also influence others in seeing His goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home