Monday, October 17, 2005

The One with Jesus at Gethsemane

Passage: Matt. 26: 36-46
Worship: All for Love

The last part of the worship song "All for Love" inspired me to reflect back on Jesus at Gethsemane. At that time, Jesus knew that Judas had betrayed him and He prayed to God if the cup of suffering may be taken away from him. Still, Jesus with all his love for me took the cup of suffering to save from from eternal separation from God. This expression of love cannot be explained in words but only felt in the Spirit.

Jesus, before going off to pray privately, instructed his disciples to keep watch for him. However, when he returned, he saw them sleeping (not once but 3 times!). Indeed, I had broken Jesus' heart countless times when I was too lazy to heed his word. Many times, I followed my own instincts and chose not to trust him. Nevertheless, Jesus is gentle with me. He forgave me even if I have such a stubborn heart.

It is my prayer that I continue to see God's love in my life and share this with others as well. I pray that I will not be shy to defend my faith and testify of His love. Jesus' cross has brought me back to God. I want to share that discovery with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home