Monday, October 31, 2005

The one with Double Checking

Passage: 1 Samuel 23:2-4
Praise: My Heart Will Trust (by Ganns Deen)

In this passage, David asked the Lord twice about his direction. This may seem like a sign of lack of trust in God but in this case, David asked for a confirmation from God. Many times, when we are faced with major decisions in our life, God has a direction for us and we have a direction for ourselves. Many times, we mistake our emotional responses as a word from the Lord. That's why it is important to ask God for confirmation.

Today, I am in the process of asking God about where he wants me to serve. During my visit to Victory New Manila, I got a feeling that this may be the place for me to serve. However, with today's reading, I know that I must continue to pray to the Lord for his wisdom. Of course, I will serve together with my husband so I pray for a clear direction from Him for both of us.

Lyrics of My Heart Will Trust
Was it not Your mighty hand that put the stars into their place?
Was it not at Your command that dust became the human race?
Was it not your plan to dedicate the world to man?
I won't be afraid,I will trust Your loving way.

Was it not Your tower of fire that led my fathers into light?
Was it not Your great desire for me to see Your might?
Please forgive me, Lord for all the doubts here in my mind
I'm yours to use, What have I to lose?

My heart will trust in You, my God
My heart will sing in the shadow of your wing
If I die to serve You
I'm ashes into dust
I rest assured, I will stay secure
And my heart will trust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home