Thursday, November 10, 2005

The one with Proper Perspective

Passage: Numbers 14:1-31
Praise: Open the Eyes of my Heart

Today's passage reminds my so much of myself. Just like the Israelites, there were moments when I grumbled against God. I desired to go back to my old life when I had a false sense of freedom. I mean, before Jesus, I believed that I was responsible for my own life. It is a good thing that Jesus, with his great love, caused me to know Him and respond to his invitation.

Why did the Israelites grumble against God? Looking through Numbers 14:1-31, it is apparent that they had forgotten the difficulty and emptiness of their past. They forgot the miracles God has done to take them out of Egypt. Other than these, they were settled in their present and were fearful of what's ahead. I realize that this reflects my attitude when I desire to go back to my old life. I start to forget about God's goodness and worry about the future. It is a matter of proper perspective. If I look to God, I can feel the security that I cannot find anywhere in this world.

Christian living is a daily walk. It is a decision to live for Christ in good or in bad times.

Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. I want to see You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home