Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The one with Christian Service

Passage: 1 Timothy 6:1-2
Worship: Make Me a Servant

It is amazing how theories on leadership has evolved from ideas of absolute authority (Authoritarianism) to ideas of service (Servant Leadership). This revolution from leading by position to leading by example and service is a welcome change in the understanding of leadership. It makes me feel proud that how the idea of leading by serving has been exemplified by Jesus way before these theories were proposed. In John 13:1-17, an account of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples shows the spirit of servant leadership. It is no wonder why Jesus is the prime example of servant leadership to this day.

The passage today teaches me about Christian service. The value of excellence in service is emphasized whether my master (a.k.a. "boss") is a believer of not. In this passage, the Lord teaches me to be an example of his love even in the workplace. I can do this by striving to be an excellent worker who does not work for my own advancement but for the delight of the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home